Premier Training International’s global marketing director, Victoria Branch, has been shortlisted in the acclaimed Marketer of The Year category at the 2014 Chartered Institute of Marketing’s (CIM) Marketing Excellence Awards for raising the standards of branding and communication throughout the company. Spearheading Premier Training International’s marketing strategy, Victoria has laid the foundations for a dramatic […]
Redditch local Chris Mansfield defeats anorexia to win personal training scholarship.
Redditch local Chris Mansfield has been selected by leading health and fitness training provider, Premier Training International, as a winner of the company’s nationwide scholarships competition. The competition began in March and asked people across the UK to nominate friends, family or loved ones, explaining why they deserved a place on Premier’s prestigious Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training.
- Having been nominated by his grandfather Bryan Beddow, Chris was one of only 20 nationwide winners selected from over 2000 entries
- The competition judges were impressed by the way Chris’s passion for health and fitness has helped him get through some extremely challenging personal circumstances, making him a truly deserving candidate of a chance to become a fully qualified personal trainer with the company
- From his mid teens through to his early twenties, Chris suffered from anorexia nervosa
- Despite being 5ft 11”, at his lowest point Chris weighed just six stone; a situation that left him perilously close to death
- However, with a determination not to be defeated by his illness, Chris went on to make a full recovery, displaying a real desire to learn more about the way that the body responds to nutrition, health and fitness
- Spurred on by his own experiences, Chris has completed a Level 2 gym instruction course, but has since been looking for ways to further advance his career
I am over the moon to be awarded this scholarship – I was really shocked to have been chosen considering the number of entries. Obviously, I have had some difficult times growing up but since I have started learning about the science and theory behind health and fitness my own health has improved incredibly. I am so excited about being able to take the next step in my career with such a great training provider – I think this is something that could really change my life!
Victoria Branch, Sales and Marketing Director at Premier Training International commented:
Chris has shown amazing determination and strength to get to where he is today. Not everyone would have the strength to triumph in the face of such adversity in the way that he has, so he fully deserves the scholarship award. His grandfather Bryan’s nomination really conveyed just how proud Chris has made his family, and we are delighted to be able to give him the chance to become a personal trainer and fitness professional with Premier.