Premier Training International, the market leader in the development and provision of high quality education for the health and fitness industry, has been accredited to the matrix quality standard; the nationally recognised quality mark for organisations which provide support for their employees. The matrix standard is the unique quality standard for organisations, assessing and measuring […]
Premier Training International launches Level 4 Exercise for Specialist Populations Diploma
Premier Training International, the market leader in health and fitness industry training provision, has announced details of a new specialist qualification, the Level 4 Exercise for Specialist Populations (ESP) Diploma, as it continues to lead the way in creating inspiring and life-changing education. The course is the only nationally accredited Level 4 QCF qualification on the market and will be launched at Leisure Industry Week this September.
- Leading to the highest level of industry recognition – Level 4 – with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs), the new ESP Diploma is designed as the natural progression from the Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Students must have completed a Level 3 qualification to qualify and will be eligible for 20 REPs points for each of the qualifications taken within the Diploma.
- Reflecting the fitness industry’s move towards a closer alignment with the medical fraternity in tackling national healthcare issues such as obesity and diabetes, the ESP diploma focuses on people with a variety of medical conditions and allows the trainer to work with these at-risk groups to provide achievable and attractive exercise programmes.
- The ultimate aim is to assist these demographics in the management of their conditions in a way that improves their general health.
- The structure of the course includes the mandatory completion of the Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral and a choice between the Level 4 Certificate in Exercise for the Management of Low Back Pain or the Level 4 Certificate in Exercise and Nutritional Interventions for Obesity and Diabetes.
- Each of these individual courses will contribute to the overall ESP diploma, taking approximately eight weeks to complete, and is delivered through a combination of face-to-face and online learning.
Debra Stuart, Chief Executive Officer at Premier Training International, comments:
Expectations for fitness industry professionals are at an all time high and Level 3 qualifications often aren’t enough to make graduates stand out from the crowd anymore. Because of this, we’re making sure that we maintain our position at the forefront of the industry and continue to support fitness professionals by introducing the only Active IQ nationally accredited Level 4 QCF qualification on the market.
The ESP Diploma is a fantastic option for anyone who wants to take their fitness industry training to the highest level. It is a course that minimises the time away from any existing employment and links really well with industry initiatives towards greater integration with the health sector. As a result, it offers a very definite specialism whilst, at the same time, widening the skills of the Personal Training market.