Twenty young Northgate apprentices have been successfully awarded with prestigious Technical Certificates this week, for completing their Level 3 frameworks as part of the Ford Masters Apprenticeship Programme. The programme, which was first launched in September 2010, demonstrates Northgate’s commitment to supporting its young employees in their growth and development within the company. The award […]
Sales restructure leads to senior promotion at Northgate
Following the 25% increase in its sales force and restructuring of the operational areas, Northgate Vehicle Hire has promoted former Commercial Manager Non Rental Products, Colin Wilson, to Head of National Sales. In his new role, Colin will oversee all sales activity on a national level and manage 15 national sales and account managers.
- With 28 years of industry experience, Colin has worked for Northgate three times during his career
- Starting off at Cartrux Vehicle Hire where he became Managing Director, Colin was also MD at Spinelink Self Drive, another Northgate company, and, more recently, has held the positions of Business Development Manager and Head of Fleet Management in the organisation
- With additional posts at GE Capital, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles and BT Fleet, Colin’s expansive experience in the fleet industry makes him a key part of Northgate’s revised structure and strategy moving forwards
- Northgate has recently re-structured its operational areas from six to four
- The national sales teams for Fleet Management, Vehicle Monitoring and Northgate Vehicle Hire have been moved into one national team so, whereby in the past a customer may have a visit from one member of each team, they would now meet with one representative who can consult over the best way Northgate can support their fleet needs
On his new role, Colin commented:
All recent decisions within Northgate have been to make the organisation more efficient and more effective. We are already seeing the results of this internally and the benefit is now being passed on to our customers. Restructuring the sales team has made our customers’ lives easier, giving them a sole point of contact for any Northgate product or service and has effectively streamlined our offering. I’m looking forward to driving this into the next financial year to build on our reputation and ability to offer a complete fleet solution to customers.