Morp Costume Co is coming to the rescue of anyone struggling with the pressing decision of what to get for that ‘hard to buy for’ brother/cousin/uncle. Instead of resorting to the predictable pair of socks, an awesome costume is much more unique and exciting. Choose anything from a 90′s tastic Power Ranger Morphsuit to an […]
Nic Cage as spandex: Nicolas Cage Morphsuit on sale after thousands request it online
Morphsuits, the company behind the popular all-in-one spandex bodysuits, has created a ‘Nic Cage as Everyone’ version after thousands of fans voted for it to be made for Halloween.
The company launched a DIY competition on Facebook in the run up to October 31st which saw hundreds of entries submitted, but the stand out winner was the infamous ‘Nic Cage as Everyone‘ version, receiving over 3,000 votes. The popular meme was established in 2009, however since Miley Cyrus and the controversial Wrecking Ball video, it has seen a surge in new versions, echoing the need for a fancy dress offering this Halloween.
- The suit can be purchased here and retails at £44.95
- Due to the mass cult following of the meme, Morphsuits will also be auctioning one off on eBay, which will be live later this evening
- The company have been pulling out all the stops for Halloween, including the campaign #FrightMobMyMate which sees a mob of zombified people scaring the hell out of unsuspecting people
- Fans have also being invited to nominate their friends to be fright mobbed on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #FrightMobMyMate
- Another special edition suit was launched in the run up to Halloween, dubbed ‘Morph-a-Million’, which is a diamond encrusted suit worth £1millon
Co-founder of Morphsuits, Gregor Lawson commented:
“We knew as soon as the Nic Cage as Everyone Morphsuit was uploaded to the DIY Facebook album it was going to be popular, but with the latest surge in memes we didn’t expect it to be this sought after! We’ve made a limited number and expect them to sell out pretty fast and furiously.
Halloween has grown from £12m in 2001 to £300m in 2011, and research has shown that the three most popular areas to have seen spending skyrocket are confectionary, pumpkins and fancy dress costumes, and overall spending increased by 25% from 2011 to 2012. Utilising the popularity of this meme was a no brainer, people are becoming extremely creative with their outfits and we envisage lots of DIY Nic Cage outfits, we’re just glad some people can get their hands on a ready made one in time for the 31st!”