By Antony Bennett, Executive Chef at La Tasca January is often the time of year when people pledge to eat healthier, particularly after all the extra eating and drinking that comes hand in hand with the festive season. However, healthy doesn’t have to mean boring! I wanted to share with you my recipe for a […]
Get your Salsa on at La Tasca Nottingham!
Spanish tapas bar and kitchen, La Tasca Nottingham, is launching a salsa night on the third Friday of every month from Friday 20th July. Designed to get beginners on their feet and more experienced dancers fine-tuning their techniques, guests are guaranteed to dance the night away.
- Having previously offered weekly salsa classes to its guests, La Tasca is now expanding its salsa offering with the help of Amanda Hawley, the founder of Todo Latino Dance Company
- Each month a different guest dancer will teach the classes with live salsa bands, guest musicians, DJs and dancers
- Amanda will be on hand to teach a beginners Bachata class from 8.00pm, followed by an intermediate Cuban Salsa class, with a salsa party from 10.00pm until 2.00am on the top floor drawing the evening to a close
- The downstairs of the restaurant will be the ‘chill out’ area with coffee, refreshments and food available until late
- Tickets cost £10 for the evening. The salsa parties will take place on 20th July, 17th August, 21st September, 19th October, 16th November and 31st December
Tim Boutler, General Manager at La Tasca Nottingham, said:
Our weekly salsa classes were really popular with our guests so we wanted to expand on this, hence teaming up with Amanda. The idea of salsa parties and the new partnership is a natural progression for La Tasca. We have no doubt that the evenings will be hugely successful and are sure Amanda’s talent and appeal will ensure we get bums on seats.
Amanda Hawley, founder of Todo Latino Dance Company, said:
I’m very much looking forward to launching the salsa parties and hope La Tasca’s guests will fall in love with the Latin American dance by the end of the night. I am very passionate about giving my pupils the skills and versatility they need to dance confidently and naturally to any Latin American rhythm. Nottingham is going to be hit by a series of salsa dancing supremes – it had better watch out!