Chefs from the innovative new takeaway service housebites.com have planted seeds and fresh herbs around London parks, to help encourage locals to cook using fresh, locally sourced produce. Housebites.com, the takeaway service that delivers high quality, fresh food cooked by local chefs, has been getting its hands dirty and giving back to the people of [...]
Celebs avoid the paparazzi and ‘eat in’ as new gourmet takeaway service becomes an A-list favourite.
Revolutionary take-away service housebites.com is the latest celeb trend with famous fans including Stephen Fry and Lily Allen
Housebites.com, the innovative take-away service that delivers fresh, high quality food cooked by local chefs, has become a viral phenomenon on Twitter due to its popularity with paparazzi shy celebrities. Today, housebites has revealed the top 5 dishes ordered by its celebrity fan base, which includes pop star Lily Allen, television presenter and novelist Stephen Fry and even an ex-prime minister.
- Top 5 dishes ordered by A-listers: Sea Bass, New Potatoes and Courgettes. Chicken Tikka Masala. Boeuf Provencal. Tuna Steak with Vegetables and Rice. Asian BBQ Pork Belly with Sticky Rice.
- Certain celebrities were so impressed by the service they even took to social networking sites to promote it to their millions of fans
- Radio one DJ, Scott Mills tweeted: “I tried this last night. So good. If you’re in London and want a delivery that’s not pizza Indian or Chinese try @housebites I was impressed.”
- Other A-List tweeters include, Stephen Fry, Lily Allen and Maverick Tory, Toby Young
- One notable order included an ex-prime minister, which resulted in the chef being invited into their home. They have since placed even more orders with housebites.
- Housebites’ unique model allows customers to browse daily menus created by local London based chefs at housebites.com, place an order for a specific time slot that evening and have high quality meals delivered to their door. They have recently launched in Brighton and have more expansion plans in the coming months
- Housebites also offer breakfast and Sunday roasts
Simon Prockter, founder of housebites commented:
“We have had a large number of celebrity customers for housebites, and a lot of them, such as Lily Allen, Zoë Ball and Stephen Fry, have taken to Twitter to talk about it – which has provided massive boosts in orders.”
“I imagine housebites provides a nice alternative to dodging the paparazzi and eating out. What’s surprising is that the most popular meals with celebs are the simpler home comforts, rather than anything lavish or even low fat.”
Simon Prockter added:
“When we started to see the tweets coming in from such influential celebrities, we were absolutely amazed. We knew our service was revolutionary, and after we thought about it – it made sense. It must be extremely difficult for celebrities to just ‘pop out’ for a quick bite to eat, or to pick up breakfast from the local café. This way, the A-listers can still get home cooked food, but without the hassle of being bombarded by paparazzi or fans.”
Chef Laurent commented:
“I was called to say we had had a pre order for an ex-prime minister and couldn’t believe my ears. Their menu consisted of a starter of Beetroot Carpaccio, a main of Cassoulet and my signature chocolate sushi for dessert. When I arrived to deliver the freshly cooked food, I was met and quizzed by armed police guards, a little worryingly to say the least.”
“I explained I was a housebites chef, and that I had come to deliver the ex-prime minister’s dinner. A woman then opened the door, again quizzed who I was, then before I knew it she had turned to ask if he would like to meet me and invited me in. We spoke about everything from my life, how long I had been in London to how I started at housebites. I explained that it was the perfect opportunity for me to start my own business and to cook for great people. It was a very surreal, but amazing experience.”
Download the full press release and high resolution images below.