Perdiswell Golf & Leisure Centre is inviting all members of the Worcester community to come along to the quarterly sale, which is organised by the National Childbirth Trust and will take place on Sunday 2nd March 2014 from 10.00am until 1pm. Members of the local community will find baby and children’s clothing along with a […]
Perdiswell Leisure Centre and Worcester Swimming Pool host National Skipping Day
To mark National Skipping Day on 23rd March, Perdiswell Leisure Centre and Worcester Swimming Pool will be hosting a series of skipping challenges throughout the day to test the fitness of its members.
- Instructors will be on hand to encourage members to take part in a choice of three challenges
- Challenge 1 – skip for as long as you can
- Challenge 2 – complete as many full skips as possible in 60 seconds
- Challenge 3 – contribute to the centres target of 5,000 skips in one week
- This year is Europe’s 10th annual National Skipping Day; over 300,000 people have got involved over the last decade
David Pugh, Contract Manager at Perdiswell Leisure Centre and Worcester Swimming Pool, said:
We are encouraging the people of Worcester to get involved in National Skipping Day. Skipping is a great cardio activity and so much fun it won’t feel like your typical work out! We all loved skipping when we were younger and this a fantastic excuse to relive the memory for one day.