Daniel Julian’s journey started in January 2012 when he sought the support of Loddon Valley Personal Trainer, Debbie Gaylor, to help him achieve his goal of becoming a Royal Marine Commando. Two years later and Daniel is enjoying life in the marines and attributes his success to hard training and dedication Debbie Gaylor, who has […]
Free taster swim sessions at Carnival Pool Leisure Centre
Carnival Pool Leisure Centre in Wokingham is offering free taster swim sessions for a range of different age groups during the February half term.
- The taster session aims to give children, teenagers and adults the opportunity to develop some of the fundamental skills required for swimming while encouraging them to get involved in the Pool’s swim school programmes
- The taster lessons will take place throughout the half term from Sunday 12th to Friday 17th
- Adult taster session will kick start the week on Sunday 12th at 7.00 – 8.00pm
- Young swimmers aged between 6 months and 3 years old accompanied by an adult can take part in a session at 9.30am – 10.00am on Wednesday 15th and on Friday 17th at 12.30pm – 1.00pm
- Child swimmers aged between 3 – 5 years are invited to sessions at 12.00pm – 12.30pm on Wednesday 15th and on Thursday 16th at 10.30am – 11.00am
- In addition, the centre is offering 15-minute assessment sessions to identify a child’s swimming ability on the following days: Saturday 11th February 1.30pm, Wednesday 15th Feb 3.30pm, Wednesday 15th Feb 7.00pm, Thursday 16th Feb 9.00am, Thursday 16th Feb 6.00pm, Saturday 18th Feb 1.30pm
Geoff Evans, Business Manager at Carnival Pool Leisure Centre, said:
This is an exciting opportunity for the local community. The sessions will be great fun and I’m sure the children and adults alike will thoroughly enjoy themselves. We feel that it is really important to get the local community active.