Castle Sports Complex is offering a variety of swim crash courses throughout the Easter holidays as a great way for adults and children to stay fit and healthy during the break. There are crash courses available for pre-school children, stage one or stage two swimmers, which will run from Monday 7th to Friday 11th April […]
90 year young Violet celebrates birthday with Castle Sports Complex
The team at Castle Sports Complex is celebrating the 90th birthday of Violet Brooker, a member at the centre for more than 25 years, who attends the Extend exercise class at the centre.
- Violet proves exercising isn’t just for the young as she attends the Extend class each week
- The class aims to reduce the symptoms of age related conditions and helps improve mobility for those who have disabilities
- The class, which is also known as armchair aerobics, provides a range of more subtle exercises that promote circulation
- It helps mobilise the joints and stretch muscles to stimulate the nervous system
- The team at Castle Sports Complex presented Violet with a cake and card to mark such a significant birthday
- The Extend activity class takes place on Tuesdays from 9:30am to 10:30am and is instructed by a fully qualified team who are at hand to help and support participants throughout
Richard Johnson, Contract Manager at Castle Sports Complex, said:
At the centre we ensure there is something for everybody and encourage people of all ages and abilities to exercise with us. Violet is an inspiration, proving how important and beneficial exercise is to keeping you feeling fantastic at any age.