On Saturday 16th March, Riverside Leisure Centre will host a 24-hour badminton event organised by the Riverside Badminton Club to raise money for the heart unit at Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne. Karen Davison, the team coach, along with 30 players aged 13 and upwards will be taking part in the event to honour [...]
7 year-old William Marshall wins Swim School Scholarship at Ponteland Leisure Centre
At just 7 years old, William Marshall has won the Swim School Scholarship Award at Ponteland Leisure Centre in Northumberland. William, who swims at Ponteland Leisure Centre in the Stage 6 class has won a free term of swimming lessons and a swim school goodie bag after being nominated for the award by his teachers.
- The Swim School Scholarship aims to nominate and reward a child who has progressed exceptionally well; the awards system is in place three times a year, each school term
- William was nominated by swim teachers Emma Bruce and Peter Mason, both of whom have recognised his outstanding progress this term
- The award reflects William’s attitude towards his swimming; consistently listening, learning and improving with every lesson
- Following this term of swimming, William will be ready to progress to Stage 7 in January
- Ponteland host a number of swim school classes for children across a variety of ages and abilities and William was chosen from over 421 pupils – making the award a considerable achievement
Helen Mason, Swim School Principal at Ponteland Leisure Centre, comments:
William has shown a real effort to improve this term. He listens well in lessons and makes every effort to put into practice what he is taught. He has been an ideal student and he really deserves the Swim School Scholarship award.
Adam Roberts, Business Manager at Ponteland Leisure Centre, comments:
On behalf on the entire leisure centre, I would like to congratulate William for his success and effort over the last term. We hope that this scheme will not only encourage young swimmers to continue to develop their ability with swim school, but also motivate swimmers to really make the most of their lessons.