Swimmers from Peterlee took on a challenge for Swimathon 2013 at Peterlee Leisure centre between 26-28 April 2013. Over 23,000 swimmers of all ages and abilities completed their Swimathon challenge in 616 pools across the UK, helping to raise vital funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care. East Durham Belles entered a team of 30 ladies [...]
Peterlee Leisure Centre announces new youth activities for 2012
Peterlee Leisure Centre has announced that it will launch three new activities in the New Year to encourage young people in the community to learn new skills and stay active. Badminton coaching, Dodgeball coaching and an Aquatic Youth Club will begin in January, further bolstering the range of sporting activity already taking place at the leisure centre.
- The six-week Badminton Coaching course will begin on the 9th of January, and is targeted at youngsters between the ages of 11 and 16 who want to learn the game or simply develop their skills further
- Taught by qualified instructors, the lessons take place every Monday between 4pm and 5pm and will cost £15 for the six weeks
- The second activity is an American import that already has a Hollywood film to its name. The new dodgeball course will also last six weeks but will take place between 4pm and 5pm on Tuesdays from the 10th January Costing £15, qualified instructors will introduce young people between the ages of 11 and 16 to the rules and techniques of the game
- Lastly, the Aquatic Youth Club, which starts on the 17th January, will feature water polo, snorkelling, pool games and much more
- For young people between 12 and 16 years old, the club will take place on every Tuesday between 4.30pm and 5.30pm. The session will cost £1
Malcolm Grinstead, Contract Manager for Peterlee Leisure Centre, comments:
It’s great to be able to add some further classes to our roster. We try and make sure that the centre offers something for everyone, and hopefully these three new classes will give young people some great options in terms of staying healthy and having fun without breaking the bank. At Peterlee, we are committed to ensuring that we offer the best possible service to our local community, and the badminton, dodgeball and Aquatic Youth Club are great examples of that commitment.