Peterlee and Seaham Leisure Centres have launched a ‘12 days of Christmas’ gym card this December, which gives the local community the chance to receive 12 workout sessions for the price of eight during the festive season. As the average Christmas dinner, including starter, trimmings, puddings, cream, brandy butter, cheese and biscuits, nuts and alcohol […]
Peterlee Leisure Centre announces the addition of new classes to its pool timetable
When it comes to swimming, Peterlee Leisure Centre has something for everyone and is pleased to announce that its pool timetable is about to get even better, with the addition of ladies only swimming sessions, aquatic youth club, aquacise and much more!
- Peterlee Leisure Centre has a limited special introductory offer for adults, with its eight-week learn to swim or swimming improvement courses for only £3 per lesson
- Starting this October, the local leisure centre will also be introducing some great additions to its pool timetable
- Ladies only swimming sessions will be running every Sunday from 6pm-7pm. It’s a great chance for local residents to swim with friends and enjoy having the pool all to themselves.
- The new Aquatic Youth Club is aimed at 14 to 18 year olds and provides a safe, fun environment to try a variety of aquatic activities, such as water polo, water walkers, pool disco, floats and much more
- The Aquatic Youth Club will take place every Saturday 6pm-7pm starting Saturday 15th October and costs just £2 per session
- Swim 4 Fitness is all about having a swim workout in the pool
- Starting in October, the leisure centre will be introducing lane swimming for swimmers that want to improve their fitness, with the addition of a Swim 4 Fitness training aid that will provide fitness programmes for members to follow
- Aquacise is aimed at 14 to 18 year old girls and includes a 45 minute fitness session in the pool
- This class starts on Tuesday 18th October, 4.45pm-5.30pm and is just £2 per session. Family Swimming Fun sessions also take place every Saturday and Sunday 2pm-4pm and include the use of floats to make family swim visits more fun
- Enrollment for the new swim school term is now open and members who are enrolled can swim for free during the 16 week term
- This term Peterlee Leisure Centre is offering unlimited swimming for all swim school parents too. For just £50 they can enjoy unlimited swimming between now and the end of December
- Harpers Swim School works in partnership with the Amateur Swimming Association using the New ASA National Plan for Teaching Swimming
- The swim school offers a comprehensive range of lessons from baby’s first experience in the pool through to competitive swimming
Malcolm Grinstead, Leisure Connection’s Easington Contract Manager, said:
We’re really excited about all the swimming programmes that we have on offer this autumn. It is never too late to learn to swim or improve on your swimming technique and we offer group-swimming lessons for all abilities. We’re looking forward to seeing many of the local community taking part in all activities – there has never been a better time to learn to swim.