Swimmers from Peterlee took on a challenge for Swimathon 2013 at Peterlee Leisure centre between 26-28 April 2013. Over 23,000 swimmers of all ages and abilities completed their Swimathon challenge in 616 pools across the UK, helping to raise vital funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care. East Durham Belles entered a team of 30 ladies [...]
Seaham Leisure Centre supports member in a bid to lose 7 stone in 7 months
Local woman, Michele Snedden, an ex-dancer and national fitness presenter, is undertaking an ambitious challenge to lose seven stone in seven months to raise money for mental health charity MIND.
- Michele has previously battled with stress and depression in response to a painful divorce and redundancy
- Determined Michele said enough was enough with emotional eating and set about this fantastic challenge
- Seaham Leisure Centre is now supporting Michele in her bid to lose weight, and she will be training at the centre five days a week
- Starting with a tailored, gentle exercise programme suitable for her current weight and fitness level, Michele will be recording her experiences in a daily diary
- She will also be combining the exercise program with a diet compromising of 100% natural juices and raw foods, having trained as a Raw Food Chef
- MIND is a mental health charity that provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem
For many years I was at the top of my game so to suddenly realise I was seven stone overweight was a real shock. I never thought this would happen to me but now I am determined to reach my goal and finally step out of the fat suit I seem to be wearing. I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with the local community to hopefully inspire others to get fit while raising money for such a worthwhile charity!
Phil Evans, Business Manager at Seaham Leisure Centre, said:
The whole team at Seaham are supporting Michele in her bid to lose weight – she is a true inspiration. We wish her the best of luck over the next seven months!