Peterlee Leisure Centre is teaming up with County Durham Sport to help the local community get into sport by introducing a brand new Aqua class for beginners to its timetable. The class is specifically for people that are currently inactive and want to take that first step into a healthier and fitter lifestyle. The classes […]
Seaham Leisure Centre supports member in a bid to lose 7 stone in 7 months
Local woman, Michele Snedden, an ex-dancer and national fitness presenter, is undertaking an ambitious challenge to lose seven stone in seven months to raise money for mental health charity MIND.
- Michele has previously battled with stress and depression in response to a painful divorce and redundancy
- Determined Michele said enough was enough with emotional eating and set about this fantastic challenge
- Seaham Leisure Centre is now supporting Michele in her bid to lose weight, and she will be training at the centre five days a week
- Starting with a tailored, gentle exercise programme suitable for her current weight and fitness level, Michele will be recording her experiences in a daily diary
- She will also be combining the exercise program with a diet compromising of 100% natural juices and raw foods, having trained as a Raw Food Chef
- MIND is a mental health charity that provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem
For many years I was at the top of my game so to suddenly realise I was seven stone overweight was a real shock. I never thought this would happen to me but now I am determined to reach my goal and finally step out of the fat suit I seem to be wearing. I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with the local community to hopefully inspire others to get fit while raising money for such a worthwhile charity!
Phil Evans, Business Manager at Seaham Leisure Centre, said:
The whole team at Seaham are supporting Michele in her bid to lose weight – she is a true inspiration. We wish her the best of luck over the next seven months!