Italy gets second craft beer mecca with launch of BrewDog Bologna BrewDog, Scotland’s largest independent brewery continues its mission to take the craft beer revolution global with the launch of BrewDog Bologna today. Located on San Valentino 2F, 40122 Bologna, the new bar will provide a centre point for the craft beer scene in the […]
UK craft beer revolution is ‘scaring’ beer giants into acquisition, says record-breaking BrewDog.
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog has today announced record sales for 2010, including a 230% rise in UK sales of its craft beer compared with 2009. BrewDog co-founder, James Watt suggests that BrewDog’s success is evidence that the UK’s growing taste for artisanal beers is not a temporary trend and that mainstream breweries are ‘running scared’ of the craft beer revolution.
- BrewDog’s beers are now stocked nationwide in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, ASDA, Morrison’s and Waitrose
- 2010′s record sales can be attributed to a drastically improved appetite for craft beer
- Sales through the on trade in the last quarter of 2010 grew by 260% and the company predicts this record will be broken in the coming twelve months
- BrewDog’s Punk IPA is its biggest selling beer and is now sold is kegs, cask, bottles and cans
- BrewDog consult their customers via their blog and social media profiles to help mould the business
Download the full press release and high resolution images below.