There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
BrewDog launches The Royal Virility Performance to ‘rock the royal wedding bandwagon’
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog has unveiled a limited-edition beer containing herbal Viagra to mark the forthcoming royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29th. The beer is called ‘The Royal Virility Performance’.
- The beer contains herbal Viagra, Horny Goat Weed and ‘a healthy dose of sarcasm’
- It is designed to undermine the special edition beers produced by other breweries for the event
- The Royal Virility Performance will only be available from BrewDog.com
- The beer is a 7.5% IPA, produced at BrewDog’s microbrewery in Fraserburgh, Aberdeen
- The beer is ‘best served in a Lady Diana toby jug and stirred gently with a silver spoon’
- 40 bottles were due to be made, but because of demand they will now make 1,000
- The craft ale will cost £10 a bottle with all proceeds going to Centrepoint
- A complimentary bottle has been sent to Prince William himself
- EDIT: Due to legalities, the first 40 made with Viagra cannot be sold, so the extra 1,000 will be brewed with herbal Viagra
Download the full press release and high resolution images below.
James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog commented:
“The Royal Virility Performance is the perfect antidote to all the hype. A beer should be brewed with a purpose, not just because some toffs are getting married, so we created something at our brewery that will undermine those special edition beers and other assorted seaside tat, whilst at the same time actually give the happy couple something extra on their big day.”
James Watt continued:
“We want to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are and products marketed according to an event rather than their flavour is an example of what’s wrong with the industry. There is more to brewing and tasting beer than putting a royal wedding label on it, so we’re showing everyone just how ludicrous it is.”