Hello – you must be looking for pics of BrewDog’s infamous core range beers! Click the thumbnails below to download high resolution images of the beer, and some pictures of BrewDog founders James Watt and Martin Dickie. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to give us a call using the contact […]
BrewDog unveils plans for multimillion pound expansion funded by fans.
A new BrewDog brewery and five new bars due to open in 2012 will be largely funded by investment from beer drinkers.
BrewDog, Scotland’s largest independent brewery has today unveiled plans to build the world’s first fan-funded brewery next year, as well as opening five new craft beer bars across the UK. Planning permission for a new £7million low carbon brewing facility in Aberdeenshire, Scotland has already been submitted, following investment of almost £2million from beer drinkers across the world through the company’s ground-breaking Equity for Punks online share offer.
- Launched in July, Equity for Punks give beer drinkers the opportunity to buy equity in the fast-growing BrewDog business for as little as £95
- In its first month, Equity for Punks had raised just over £1m from ‘fanvestors’
- With the campaign running until the end of the year, the growth of BrewDog in 2012 will be beyond the company’s original high expectations
- The new BrewDog brewery will house state-of-the-art craft brewing equipment and will create 25 new jobs immediately, rising to 75 in the next five years
- The site for the new brewery will be at Balmacassie, just outside Aberdeen
- Craft beer fans looking to invest in BrewDog can buy shares directly online at brewdog.com/equityforpunks until December 30, 2011
James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog commented:
“BrewDog has grown by over 200 per cent in 2011, and through the investment of BrewDog fans throughout the world in Equity for Punks we are planning on exceeding that growth in 2012. The new facility will give us ten times the brewing capacity, allowing us to meet demand that is growing all the time. In addition to this, we have plans in place to open at least 5 new craft beer bars over the next 12 months.”
“Through their investment in BrewDog, craft beer fans are helping to shake the dust from the UK drinks industry and spark a craft beer revolution. Craft beer fans are not only turning their backs on the limp, pale yellow lagers mass-produced and peddled by giant global breweries, they are also becoming richer with every craft beer they drink.”
James Watt continued:
“We have also bought the land adjacent to the site of the new brewery, which will allow for further expansion in the future – all made possible by Equity for Punks. It’s an entirely new business model, but we are proving that by turning to your customers, rather than the banks or financial markets, that the future is bright.”
“We are still receiving investment from craft beer drinkers as far afield as New Zealand and South East Asia, as well as all over the UK, so there will be more than 8,000 people behind our expansion in 2012 – all of whom will literally get richer with every beer they drink. We think that’s pretty cool.”
Download the full press release and high resolution images below.