Active IQ, the awarding organisation of choice, is delighted to announce the launch of a new qualification that will provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to design and adapt exercise programmes to meet the needs of older adults. As people get older, there is far more to consider when putting together […]
Sportwise Education & Training launches new Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Nutrition and Supplementation for Sport and Exercise (QCF)
Active IQ, the UK’s leading Ofqual approved awarding organisation, has teamed up with Sportwise Education & Training to create a bespoke Level 4 qualification. With the first course having begun on November 30th at the Jury’s Inn Hotel in Birmingham, the Certificate in Advanced Nutrition and Supplementation for Sport and Exercise (QCF) aims to allow personal training professionals to give their clients sound advice and guidance on how nutrition can enhance both sporting performance and general health.
- Carrying 20 CPD points for REPS, supported by Skills Active and accredited by Ofqual, the course has been developed by Sportwise Education & Training in partnership with Dr. Gary Mendoza PhD., BSc, RNutr.
- Incorporating the latest research into the effective and safe use of supplements, the course gives personal trainers the extra expertise and practical skill to offer clients a new service and generate an additional income stream.
- The certificate is tutored by a PhD registered nutritionist (RNutr) and will include a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of sports nutrition and supplementation, taught and practical skills sessions and the use of dietary analysis software.
- It addresses the fact that not all personal trainers have the necessary biochemical and nutritional knowledge to really help clients achieve the results they desire in a safe and healthy way.
- The new Level 4 qualification provides a valuable and important way for Level 3 qualified personal trainers to manage and devise effective and efficient weight loss programmes on behalf of clients.
- Whether as part of a weight management or personal training programme, or elite athlete training, the new qualification is also an effective way for personal trainers to retain existing clients through expanding their expertise and diversifying.
Emma Waring, Business Development Manager at Sportwise Education & Training, comments:
We’re delighted to be providing a bespoke Level 4 qualification to improve the nutritional knowledge of our Level 3 personal trainers; Active IQ has helped to make this a reality. We wanted the course to be fully accredited and we know that Active IQ qualifications are synonymous with quality and credibility. It was the perfect partner to help us deliver this course.
Suzy Gunn, Executive Director of Active IQ says:
We’re supportive of any new qualifications that are designed to enhance a health and fitness professional’s knowledge and expertise, especially those that focus on effectiveness. The new Level 4 qualification that will be delivered solely by Sportwise Education & Training will enable PTs to offer their clients an additional service; the nutritional knowledge they come away with really will be second to none.