Active IQ, one of the UK’s leading Awarding Organisations, has announced that it is to further expand its international operations by working with Indian- based training provider, Gayo Fitness Academy. From February 21st, Gayo Fitness Academy will be offering its students in India the opportunity to achieve the Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness […]
Active IQ launches new qualification resources for the Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga (QCF)
Active IQ, the awarding organisation of choice for the active leisure sector, has announced the launch of new resources to accompany the Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga (QCF).
- Available now, the company has released a bespoke learner manual designed to increase the scale and scope of the resources available to providers seeking to deliver the qualification
- The Level 3 qualification has been designed to provide learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective yoga sessions
- Recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs), the diploma is divided into five units and is assessed via a combination of practical observation, coursework, worksheets and multiple-choice papers
- The first unit covers the underpinning principles of teaching yoga, while units two, three and four concentrate on the development of the learner’s knowledge and understanding
- Unit 5 then focuses on the correct instruction of a physical yoga session, marking the final stage of the qualification
Suzy Gunn, Operations Director of Active IQ, comments:
Yoga is a well known and popular physical discipline. As a result, the demand for qualified yoga tutors has been steadily increasing over the last few years and is something that our Level 3 qualification directly addresses. We strive to reflect trends and innovations within the active leisure sector in our qualifications, and we hope that the new learner manual will help provide the best possible resources for providers to offer to their students.