Active IQ has appointed Sarah Edmonds as its Director of Quality and Standards, to lead the organisation in all areas of quality control and regulatory compliance. Sarah has a wealth of experience in the active leisure industry stretching over 20 years, including her most recent role as Head of Standards and Compliance for Premier Global, […]
Active IQ launches new Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells (QCF)
Active IQ, the awarding organisation of choice for the active leisure sector, has announced the launch of its Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells (QCF). Bolstering the wide range of qualifications that it already offers to industry professionals, the new award has been available since the 1st January 2012.
- Developed to train students who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction, the qualification is targeted at all Level 2 and 3 qualified fitness instructors who want to broaden their professional abilities
- The course will teach students to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell exercises and training sessions to a professionally competent level
- The qualification is made up of the following units:
- Planning a Kettlebell Exercise Session
- Instructing a Kettlebell Exercise Session
- Assessment is in the form of course work, a portfolio of evidence, plus a practical demonstration
Suzy Gunn, Executive Director of Active IQ, comments,
We know that fitness professionals are constantly looking for new ways to develop their careers and broaden their industry knowledge and skills. We also know that it is extremely important for Active IQ to stay abreast of the latest health and fitness industry innovations and research. The Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells (QCF) has been designed to help add an extra dimension to a fitness professional’s offering.