Active IQ, the awarding organisation of choice for the active leisure sector, is delighted to announce the launch of its 100th qualification in the company’s 10th year of operation. The Level 2 Award In Instructing XPERT Pole Fitness (QCF) will give learners the knowledge and skills to be able to plan and instruct a pole […]
Active IQ launches two new industry qualifications for training providers
Active IQ, the awarding organisation of choice for the active leisure sector, has announced the launch of two new qualifications. The Level 1 NVQ award in Sport and Active Leisure (QCF) and the Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Sales (QCF) will now be available for delivery by approved Active IQ training providers across the UK. These new additions will further bolster the wide range of accredited qualifications that Active IQ provides, and offer aspiring health and fitness professionals wider options in terms of career development.
- The Level 1 NVQ award in Sport and Active Leisure provides learners aged 14 and over with an opportunity to be assessed on both the practical and theoretical aspects of working in a sport and active leisure environment
- The structure of the qualification consists of three mandatory units; unit 1 will help to give good levels of service to customers in active leisure, unit 2 will help provide equipment for learning and unit 3 will deal with accidents and emergencies within active leisure
- Learners will be assessed both on their portfolio of work and through a practical observation.
- The Level 2 Certificate in Sales supports learners to improve selling techniques and gain customer service experience
- Requiring assessment through a mixture of worksheets, case studies and practical demonstrations, the structure of the course is again based on three mandatory units
- Unit 1 concentrates on time management skills within a sales environment, unit 2 will oversee the ethical and legal requirements of working in a sales role and unit 3 is aimed at developing customer service techniques
Suzy Gunn, Operations Director of Active IQ, comments:
We invest considerable time and effort into ensuring that the qualifications we provide reflect the knowledge and skills that aspiring health and fitness industry professionals really need – and these new qualifications are very much in line with that commitment. Both are about giving learners the opportunity to develop the skills they need to forge successful industry careers, within a programme of learning that is both accessible and engaging.