On Friday 26th September 1Life centres around the UK will be taking part in National Fitness Day, providing free sessions for local communities to enjoy physical activity The free Power Half Hour exercise events being run at 32 of the leisure centres that 1Life operate* will be part of the largest celebration of physical activity […]
Leisure Connection wins four awards at annual Quest Conference
Established leisure management operator, Leisure Connection, has received four awards at the annual Quest Conference 2012, in honour of its continued dedication to its quality programmes and continuous improvement to improving standards across its estate of 70 centres.
- The Leisure Connection facilities that won awards were: Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, Harpenden Leisure Centre and Bourne Leisure Centre
- The sites demonstrated continuous improvement over ten years, as well as fully adhering to annual assessments
- The fourth award received by Leisure Connection was under the National Benchmarking Service (NBS)
- The NBS provides benchmarks to measure the performance for indoor sports and leisure centres
- Mountfitchet Romeera Leisure Centre was awarded for its excellent performance in the ‘Access Performance’ category for 2011
- Quest is a tool for continuous improvement, designed primarily for the management of leisure facilities and leisure development
- It defines industry standards and good practice and encourages ongoing development and delivery within a customer focused management framework
Richard Millman, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
We were delighted when Leisure Connection picked up four awards at this year’s Quest Conference. The team that delivers our quality programmes, our regional managers and site management teams have demonstrated a consistent daily focus on quality delivery and improvement, and they have truly excelled themselves this year.
These achievements could not have been realised without the excellent partnerships we share with our local authority clients. We work tirelessly with them to ensure we are offering a first-rate local leisure and sport service. I’d also like to commend the hard work and dedication our centre teams put in week in week out. And last but no means least a huge thanks to our members and customers. Their continued support and commitment is invaluable.