Perdiswell Leisure Centre in Worcester is celebrating Movember and encouraging local people to join the challenge, by offering free gym sessions to those taking part. Members that take part in the hairy challenge will be able to book onto a 30-minute personal training session, free of charge. Any non-members getting in on the act will […]
Start limbering up! Sport Relief is back and it’s coming to Worcester
The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile is back – and it’s coming to Worcester! The town is set to host its second Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile on Sunday 25th March, and needs local people to come together and show their support by entering now. As one of the UK’s biggest fundraising events, Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active, raise cash and change lives – so it’s time to dust off those trainers and enter right now.
- Setting off from the grounds of Perdiswell Leisure Centre in Worcester, The Mile will pass through the sports fields at Perdiswell and it’s set to be an incredible event
- Entrants don’t have to be sporty to take part, but can choose to complete 1, 3 or 6 miles knowing that all the money raised will help to change the lives of people living unimaginably tough lives right here on our doorstep, across the rest of the UK and in some the world’s poorest countries
- Sport Relief has a unique history of dedicated people doing extraordinary things to rise to the challenge
- Last September, David Walliams started Sport Relief off with an epic splash when he completed The BT Sport Relief Challenge: Walliams vs The Thames
- Despite battling a nasty bacterial bug and bitingly cold water, David swam a staggering 140 miles and has so far raised over £1million for Sport Relief
- And that’s not all; there will be even more amazing celebrity challenges to get the whole nation geared up for the Sport Relief weekend!
- The Sport Relief Weekend kicks off on Friday 23rd March when everyone gets active, has fun and raises cash at home, at work or at school; before settling down to watch a night of top Sport Relief TV on BBC One There will be even more BBC radio, online and TV coverage throughout the weekend to keep you entertained
- By the end of the weekend everyone will be raring to go, when the whole nation comes together to take part in the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile on Sunday 25th March
Dave Pugh, contract manager for Perdiswell Leisure Centre said:
The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile in Worcester is here and it’s your time to shine. From teeny-tots with their mums and dads, to super sprinters up against the clock there’s something for everyone on the big day. This is the second Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile in Wokingham and it’s set to be a great event. So come on, pull your Sport Relief socks up, enter the Mile and do something amazing!