Worcester Swimming Pool and Perdiswell Leisure Centre in Worcester are doing their bit for charity on Friday 22nd August, by encouraging all of its members and employees to don a pair of funky shorts and support Wear Your Shorts to Work Day Wear Your Shorts to Work Day, created by Heart Research UK, challenges people all across the […]
Perdiswell Leisure Centre and Worcester Swimming Pool host National Skipping Day
To mark National Skipping Day on 23rd March, Perdiswell Leisure Centre and Worcester Swimming Pool will be hosting a series of skipping challenges throughout the day to test the fitness of its members.
- Instructors will be on hand to encourage members to take part in a choice of three challenges
- Challenge 1 – skip for as long as you can
- Challenge 2 – complete as many full skips as possible in 60 seconds
- Challenge 3 – contribute to the centres target of 5,000 skips in one week
- This year is Europe’s 10th annual National Skipping Day; over 300,000 people have got involved over the last decade
David Pugh, Contract Manager at Perdiswell Leisure Centre and Worcester Swimming Pool, said:
We are encouraging the people of Worcester to get involved in National Skipping Day. Skipping is a great cardio activity and so much fun it won’t feel like your typical work out! We all loved skipping when we were younger and this a fantastic excuse to relive the memory for one day.