St Crispin’s Leisure Centre, Loddon Valley Leisure and Carnival Pool are doing their bit for charity on Friday 22nd August, by encouraging all of their members and employees to don a pair of funky shorts and support Wear Your Shorts to Work Day Wear Your Shorts to Work Day, created by Heart Research UK, challenges […]
St Crispin’s Leisure Centre to host Olympic Torch Relay Party
St Crispin’s Leisure Centre is to host an Olympic Torch Relay Party on Saturday 14th July for members and non-members to raise money for Dyspraxia Foundation and to celebrate the centre’s very own member, Kieran Wassell, bearing the Olympic Torch.
- Nominated by Dyspraxia Foundation, Kieran Wassell will be a torchbearer for a section of the relay in Theale on Wednesday 11th July, and he will be the first person from Wokingham to bear the torch
- After being diagnosed with Dyspraxia, a life long condition that affects co-ordination, Kieran discovered he was good at running after joining the gym and has since supported the Dyspraxia Foundation by running a number of marathons
- The Dyspraxia Foundation is the only national UK charity working to support those with the condition
- Kieran will attend the free Olympic Torch party, which will take place from 7:30pm until midnight, with members of the local community and employees from the centre
- During the event there will be a cold buffet, a cash bar, a DJ and a raffle
Sally Payne, Chair of the Dyspraxia Foundation, said:
We believe Kieran is a credit to the Dyspraxia Foundation and we wanted to show our appreciation by nominating him to be a torchbearer. It’s a great year for us as the charity is celebrating its 25th anniversary and to top it off we’ve got one of our biggest supporters bearing the Olympic Torch. What a year!
Doug Brickenden, Business Manager at St Crispin’s Leisure Centre, said:
This is set to be a great evening and we’re extremely proud to have one of the torchbearers in attendance. We fully understand why the Dyspraxia Foundation nominated Kieran, as he is a fantastic supporter of the charity. We hope to see a lot of familiar faces during the evening.