Loddon Valley Leisure Centre held two free open days on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th January to showcase its excellent facilities and classes, with more than 1,000 people from the local community attending to have a go at a new activity The event offered free children’s swimming, spinning classes in the new studio at the […]
St Crispin’s Leisure Centre to host Olympic Torch Relay Party
St Crispin’s Leisure Centre is to host an Olympic Torch Relay Party on Saturday 14th July for members and non-members to raise money for Dyspraxia Foundation and to celebrate the centre’s very own member, Kieran Wassell, bearing the Olympic Torch.
- Nominated by Dyspraxia Foundation, Kieran Wassell will be a torchbearer for a section of the relay in Theale on Wednesday 11th July, and he will be the first person from Wokingham to bear the torch
- After being diagnosed with Dyspraxia, a life long condition that affects co-ordination, Kieran discovered he was good at running after joining the gym and has since supported the Dyspraxia Foundation by running a number of marathons
- The Dyspraxia Foundation is the only national UK charity working to support those with the condition
- Kieran will attend the free Olympic Torch party, which will take place from 7:30pm until midnight, with members of the local community and employees from the centre
- During the event there will be a cold buffet, a cash bar, a DJ and a raffle
Sally Payne, Chair of the Dyspraxia Foundation, said:
We believe Kieran is a credit to the Dyspraxia Foundation and we wanted to show our appreciation by nominating him to be a torchbearer. It’s a great year for us as the charity is celebrating its 25th anniversary and to top it off we’ve got one of our biggest supporters bearing the Olympic Torch. What a year!
Doug Brickenden, Business Manager at St Crispin’s Leisure Centre, said:
This is set to be a great evening and we’re extremely proud to have one of the torchbearers in attendance. We fully understand why the Dyspraxia Foundation nominated Kieran, as he is a fantastic supporter of the charity. We hope to see a lot of familiar faces during the evening.