Staff from St Crispin’s Leisure Centre have been pushing their bodies to the limit to raise money for WheelPower. Having completed a London to Bournmouth cycle ride and a 100km charity walk along the Thames, the team is now gearing up to hit their £10k target by taking part in the Welsh Ironman competition on […]
Loddon Valley Leisure Centre Prepares for Olympic Opening Extravaganza
Friday 27th July will officially mark the start of the Olympic Games, but London won’t be the only host to a memorable opening ceremony. Loddon Valley Leisure Centre, in Wokingham is preparing to host its very own Olympic ceremony extravaganza.
- Loddon Valley Leisure Centre will be broadcasting the Olympic ceremony live on large screens throughout the evening
- There will also be a variety of family friendly activities, including Zumba, Bollywood dancing, face painting, a bouncy castle and mini soccer
- The evening’s entertainment will kick off at 6.30pm and continue into the late hours
- Ticket holders will enjoy free entry into the big screen viewing area, a BBQ meal with a soft drink, and participation in all activities
- The organisers of the event include; Wokingham Borough Council, Loddon Valley Leisure Centre, ASDA, Churches Together in Earley and East Reading, The Earley Retreat, and The Head Partnership
- Tickets are on sale at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre, ASDA, Earley Retreat and local churches
- Ticket prices start from £1 for a child aged between 5 – 16 years, £2 for an adult, and £5 for a family
Tony Penge, Contract Manager at Loddon Valley Leisure Centre, said:
The opening ceremony is set to be a fantastic spectacle and can be enjoyed by all ages. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity so we want to make it a night to remember.