Meadowlands Leisure Pool in Tavistock has teamed up with local community group Meadows Makeover to raise money for new play equipment in the local park, by hosting a pool disco The pool disco was a huge success, with refreshments and raffle tickets being sold to raise an impressive £200 for Meadows Makeover Meadows Makeover aims […]
Meadowlands Leisure Pool and Parklands Leisure Centre host Meet the Manager Day to welcome new Manager
Users and members of Meadowlands Leisure Pool and Parklands Leisure Centre are being encouraged to head down to their local leisure centre to attend a Meet the Manager Day on Sunday 15th January.
- This event is hot on the heels of the appointment of Jonathan Smith as the new Contract Manager at Meadowlands Leisure Pool in Tavistock and Parklands Leisure Centre in Okehampton
- Jonathan’s role will see him oversee the management of both leisure centres, supporting staff teams and liaising with customers to ensure the continued success of the venues within the local communities
- Joining the leisure centres from The Original Bowling Company, Jonathan was previously a Regional Support Manager, managing 12 tenpin bowling centres across the South East of England
- He brings 16 years experience in marketing, financial performance, staff development, recruitment and business development
- Jonathan has previous experience working in a leisure centre in Exeter
- To mark Jonathan’s appointment the leisure centres will be holding a ‘meet the manager’ day at 10.30 – 12.00pm at Meadowlands Leisure Centre and 2.00 – 3.30pm at Parklands Leisure Pool on Sunday 15th January
- Jonathan will be on hand throughout the day to chat to users and get feedback about the facilities
Newly appointed Contract Manager, Jonathan Smith said:
I am really excited about my new role as Contract Manager here in West Devon and I’m very much looking forward to getting to know our customer base and working with the team to offer a first class local service to the local people. We have two fantastic local leisure centres in the heart of West Devon and I can’t wait to work with the team to encourage more people to be more active more often.