Batchwood Golf Course and Sports Centre has joined forces with Watling View School in St Albans, which supports children with a wide range of disabilities, and from 3rd November will host a six-week disability tennis programme for pupils at the school
Westminster Lodge and Harpenden win at the 2012 Quest Awards
Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and Harpenden Leisure Centre have been awarded at the annual Quest Conference 2012, in honour of the sites’ continued dedication to quality programmes and continuous improvement in standards.
- Both sites are owned by St Albans City and District Council and operated in partnership with Leisure Connection
- Of the 850 sites included in the Quest audit, only nine achieved award winning status
- Two of these were Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and Harpenden Leisure Centre
- The sites demonstrated continuous improvement over a number of years, as well as fully adhering to annual assessments
- Quest is a tool for continuous improvement, designed primarily for the management of leisure facilities and leisure development
- It defines industry standards and good practice and encourages ongoing development and delivery within a customer focused management framework
Scott Machen, Contract Manager for both sites, commented:
We were delighted when we picked up two awards at this year’s Quest Conference. The teams at both sites have demonstrated a consistent daily focus on quality delivery and improvement, and they have truly excelled themselves this year.
For St Albans to win two out of nine awards is fantastic, and that these nine were picked out of 850 sites is a true testament to the hard work of the staff, and I would like to congratulate and thank them all.