Leisure in the Community (LiTC), the not-for-profit organisation that manages leisure facilities across South Holland, has joined forces and donated £6,795 to local community projects, in a bid to increase participation levels in sport and physical activity. The grant will increase and encourage participation in sports and physical activity by funding extra sports sessions such […]
Free taster swim sessions at Castle Swimming Pool
Castle Swimming Pool in Spalding is offering free half-hour taster swim sessions for all ages during the June half term.
- The taster session aims to give both children and adults the opportunity to develop some of the fundamental skills required for swimming while encouraging them to get involved in the Pool’s swim school programme
- Castle Swimming Pool will be offering taster sessions in the dedicated Learner Pool for beginners aged 6-7 years on Wednesday 6th June at 8.30am-9.00am and Thursday 7th June at 8.30am-9.00am
- On Thursday there will also be a session for beginners aged 3-5 years at 9.00am-9.30am
- In the Main Pool there will be a session for beginners aged 8 years and over on Wednesday 6th June at 9.00am-9.30am and for adult beginners at 09.30-10.00am
- The taster sessions are ideal for non-swimmers and swimmers who would like to become stronger at swimming
Richard Johnson, Contract Manager at Castle Swimming Pool, said:
Primary school leavers should be able to swim 25 metres unaided, yet an astonishing number of children are unable to meet this standard. Our sessions will be great fun and I’m sure the children will thoroughly enjoy themselves. We feel that it is really important to get children active and enjoying the water, and initiatives like this one are brilliant in terms of helping to achieve that aim.