Downham Health & Leisure Centre is set to host a charity Splash-athon on Friday 25 July, from 10.30am in a bid to raise money for Tommy’s; a charity which funds research into stillbirth, premature birth and miscarriage. From 10.30am until 11am the team at Downham Health & Leisure Centre will run a free swim class […]
Free taster swim sessions at Downham Health & Leisure Centre
Downham Health & Leisure Centre is offering free taster swim sessions for adults and children during the February half term.
- The taster sessions are aimed at children, teenagers and adults
- The session gives the opportunity develop some of the fundamental skills required for swimming
- It also encourages participants to get involved in the Pool’s swim school programmes
- Free taster sessions will take place on Monday 13th February for children aged 3-5 years from 10:30am – 11.00am
- Children aged 5 and over are invited to two sessions on Monday 13th, non-swimmers at 11.00am and those who can swim at 11:30am
- Children who can swim independently on their front and back in the main pool are invited to the session at 12 noon
- Free adult taster sessions for beginners will be on offer on either Tuesday 14th at 1.00pm or Wednesday 15th at 6pm
- Improvers can take to the water on Tuesday 14th at 1.30pm
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8461 9200
Danielle De Cruz, Community Liaison Manager at Downham Health & Leisure Centre, said:
This is an exciting opportunity for the local community. The sessions will be great fun and I’m sure the children and adults alike will thoroughly enjoy themselves. We feel that it is really important to get the local community active.