Downham Health & Leisure Centre has joined forces with Les Mills to launch an exciting new fitness timetable this autumn, which has been designed around the ABC of fitness. The timetable launched on Monday 17th November. Members will be able to improve their aerobic capabilities and refine their body conditioning. Activities will include Les Mills’ […]
Downham Health & Leisure Centre hosts fifth birthday party for local community
Downham Health & Leisure Centre celebrated its fifth birthday with a great programme of family events and sporting fun, which raised £177 for Wheelpower.
- The leisure centre, library and medical practice hosted an action packed couple of days, full of community, sporting and fun events aimed at all ages
- An Aqua Zumba pool party and a family water polo session as well as a kid’s multi activity party proved to be hugely popular
- There was also a storytelling session for local schools, a handicrafts session and a free trip to the movies at the library
- This was all topped off with the London All Starz Cheerleaders offering a special birthday performance
- As well as a Zumba party and birthday cake being served to invited members of the community who were also shown round the centre
Sir Steve Bullock, Mayor of Lewisham, said:
Downham Health & Leisure Centre with its integrated health, library, council and leisure services shows how much can be achieved working together in local communities. I am delighted to wish it a very happy birthday and feel sure it has many successful years ahead.
Danny Ruta, Director of Public Health, commented:
Working with council services and the leisure provider at Downham has given us great opportunities to improve the health and wellbeing of the local community. We are looking forward to building on the success of the past five years.
Danielle De Cruz, Community Liaison Manager at Downham Health & Leisure Centre said:
We have really fantastic leisure facilities at the centre and were so excited to share our celebrations with the community. It was a fantastic event that we hope will bring everyone together.